Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mini Room Make-over




Well this post was inspired by several peoples blogs. I always love to do a little rearranging and what not. Since we rent and I can't paint my walls beautiful colors & sometimes it hard to think that my house is cute, warm and cozy. But for the most part I do like what I have and do feel really blessed. As it really isn't important what kind of furniture I have, or even if I own a home. What is important is that I can make my home a safe refuge from the world. I feel like I do a good job at providing that for Joel and I. It can't be all that bad since I do enjoy staying home right? Anyway the latest project I have been working on is are room. It needed a little help. It still dose, but for know this will have to do.

This is a awesome shelf I got at Ikea. Since we have never splurged and bought bedroom furniture and just have old stuff and I have always wanted a headboard and yet to have had a bed with one. I will have to settle with a shelf above the bed instead. So i have filled it with pictures that I love and are framed marriage certificate. The beds spread is also from Ikea. So are the lamps.



This really cute quilt I got at Target awhile ago. I love the chocolate color and the design in it. When I saw it and that it was on sale I knew it was perfect for my bed. I have been looking for something to go on the bottom of the bed and to use to curl up in for naps when I fall asleep reading. So have you been doing any mini make-over or revamping of rooms? Share your projects from so I can be inspired.

8 comments:

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Looks great Marta! All of our stuff is from when Chad was a little boy, so it is old and terrible, but you make do I guess. My sister-in-law is the craftiest person I have ever met and she built her own headboard for like $50 and it looks awesome. If Joel is handy with wood I'm sure you could do it too! When we were in Texas, IKEA had little square frame mirrors for like $2 and I always kick myself for not buying them and painting them various colors and arranging them in a cool way above our bed.

Unknown said...

I love that shelf and the warm colors you've incorporated! It's so hard when you can't paint the walls, I rented for 7 yrs but always tried to make it my own space. Using fabric panels and a nice curtain rod for window coverings is one way to really add color to the wall without having to paint. Also in the past I've used mirrors above the bed when I didn't have a headboard either and used a few more pillows proped up to give the illusion of one.

Anonymous said...

I love that quilt. Target is such a great store for things. Looks great girly.

Unknown said...

Looks great! I love decorating too...someday I will have a house of my own and will be able to do with it what I want. Love IKEA!

Ditto Family said...

I'm feelin' warm and cozy just looking at your pictures.

I'll keep my eyes out for a fun headboard.

Ditto Family said...

Marta-

I've got an idea for you. Go to "Restore" the humanitarian thrift store off of Mead Ave. Maybe call first (they are only open Thur-Sat) and see if they have any old doors. I'm sure they do. Anyway, turn that door to the side, add some crown molding to the top and you would have a really cute headboard.

Check out this website to get the vision:

http://www.marthastewart.com/good-thing/door-headboard?xsc=eml_msl_2008_02_28

Heather said...

Very Cute Marta! it's amazing what a little touch here and there can do. I love that Target quilt too, when i saw it at target I was so excited to buy it too!! It is just our style don't you think! :) It's a little stiff though.. I've washed and am now waiting for the 5 years it'll take to break in.. oh well. It's DANG cute!

Kacey said...

I miss renting! Sam and I just bought a house, and wanted one we could fix up. Well, this place needs a little too much help. It is a 1927 farm house with cracked plaster walls, bad phone lines (which is why I don't have a blog), and a problem every time you turn around. Yet, the price was good and Sam can fix anything. My new address is 18329 580th Ave. Ames, IA 50010