Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

This Post is a little late, but I needed to get it up before Christmas. We went up to cut a tree out of the forest this year. We wanted a real tree, plus we didn't want to pay 60 plus dollars for a semi big one. Well I kinda got carried away. I found a 12 foot tree and brought it home. Because of my schedule I could only find two people to come with me tree hunting. Our good friends Forrest and Floyd.




They really enjoyed breaking ice and walking everywhere looking for bears. Forrest kept asking about bears I think he really wanted to see one. We drove out Chinook Pass and went up an old logging road to the top. There were some sweet views, but we didn't find the perfect tree. We found a lot that were straight but we needed one that curved a little, with one side that had less branches to put against the wall. Finally after our third stop on the way down we found the perfect tree.





Forrest and Floyd took turns cutting and we dragged it back to the Truck. When we brought it home Marta couldn't believe we got such a big tree. I told her it was Floyd's idea.








We got it inside and had to add braces to the base of the treestand. We had to buy two more strings of lights and a few more ornaments. Now here's some pics of the finished product.


7 comments:

Relaxed Cat said...

that is a gorgeous tree! i love it!

Scully said...

It looks fabulous! I can barely fit my 3ft fake tree in my apartment - I'm a little jealous of your 12 ft one.

Phillips Family said...

Great job on the tree. Although it is weird to not see you guys wearing coats to cut down a tree. We have to hike through feet of snow to get a tree. Hope you are having a great holiday season.

jimmieP said...

That tree looks great. You guys must have a knack for finding trees.

Kailey said...

Wow! we can't wait to see it! It's huge!

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

It's perfect! Way to go Joel and little friends. Just think, if you would have found a smaller tree, the bird that flew into it would have knocked it over.

Unknown said...

Hey, well it looks beautiful!