Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well I know we have been slacker at posting lately. I guess we have been having so much fun enjoying the Holidays. I did take a few pictures but none of Christmas day. Oh well. So I think that I will start this year off with our New Years Resolutions.

1)To Have a BABY! Joel said that this should be on the top of the list. I agree, its just sometimes it is so exhausting. I don't think I need to go into details. But this Journey has definitely been a trial for me, of having to learn patience with the Lord and my doctor. I'm always afraid that it comes down to me not having enough Faith in my Heavenly Father. So along with having a Baby I think comes having more Faith and Hope in this area of our Lives. I do think that we are going to start taking more of a proactive stand point on this issue with the doctors. It obviously isn't all about timing. Enough said on this one.

2) I always think that I should of or still should go back to school, especially since we don't have any children yet. But my big dilemma is I can't figure what I would go for as far as a degree. It makes since to go get a degree in something that I could fall back on to if I every needed to. But there isn't anything that I can come up with that would really fill that quota. All the things that I think sound interesting are more like hobbies. So this year I decided I will just take it slow. I don't have to necessarily be working on a degree to be learning right? I have really enjoyed my Job this past year of teaching Pre-school to the Packard children and then on Wednesday's is Home school group. The Packards then meet up with 3 other families that Home school and we do History, Science, Music and Art together. It's been fun. I have always loved History and I have been learning a lot of stuff I didn't know and stuff that is a refresh of things I learned so long ago in school. A few of the Teenagers in the home school group take some of there courses online through a school down in Utah called the Liahona Academy. They offer courses for credit or no credit so I though I would take one of the History/ Government Courses. The teacher is so interesting I have been drawn into his lectures before. I figure that if I come home in the afternoons and stick my self down in the basement and work on finishing all my million (Craft)projects that I have started while listening to a lecture or two every day I will get a lot done.

3) To publish my Blog. Blurb website you can do this and it's pretty reasonable prices. Just a little time consuming. I tried working on it last year. But it just seemed a little overwhelming so I never finished or came close to finishing it. So this year I will try to keep up on it. When I finish a post here I will go there and add the entry to my Blog Book. Hopefully that will make it not so overwhelming. I mean isn't that one of the main reasons we all Blog is for posterity sake so they can read this later. It is like a Journal to me anyway. Secondly isn't the blog a good way of keeping in contact with friends and family who are to far away.


Well there it is every one my New Years Resolution written out for everyone to see. Good Luck to everyone on your New Years Resolutions.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marta! we are soo alike you and I. I read things on your blog and I am doing or thinking or have felt the very same things. I love reading your blog and keeping up with you. Have a great 2009! Love ya girl!

Stacee said...

I hope you guys have a great New Year.

Kailey said...

Happy New Year!! You're such a good blogger!! Good Resolutions. I will help you with the first one with prayers!! :) Loves!

Brent and Ashley said...

Hi! It's the Mangums. We had so much fun visiting with you both! It will be nice to stay in touch this way. Send us your email and we'll get an invite to you!
ashsmash1@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Kim said...

Happy 2009! I think all of your goals are fantastic and worthy. I especially hope that come December you have at least one little bundle of joy!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the baby process! Waiting on the Lord is such a hard time sometimes--I know! Good goals!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I keep praying for goal number one too! It WILL happen of course.

Rachael said...

Hey Marta! I know exactly what you are feeling with the pregnancy thing and doctors. There is a book I'm reading and it teaches you to take control of getting pregnant when you want. It has helped many women...the book is called taking charge of your fertility, written by Toni Weschler. Good reading so far.