So as many of you know, Joel works the night shift at the hospital as a Nurse. A few nights ago he calls me from work to ask me to guess who he is working with. I gave him a name or two. But I couldn't guess. He finally told me. But before I tell you (people reading this blog) I must tell a quick story.
Way back in high school, my Sophomore year to be exact. There was a guy named Ryan (last name not to be revealed) who had already graduated a year or two before. He was still talked about by all the senior girls at Moses Lake in 1995. At a Pep Assembly the contestants had to share their most embarressing moment. One of the girls shared that hers was when she fell in front of Ryan.
About 3 years after this I was at Ricks College and walking up to the LSA building and ran into Ryan. He had no idea who I was but I knew exactly who he was. We start talking and he asked where I was from. I said Washington State. He said really what part. I told him a small town he'd probably never heard of, called Moses Lake. He said, that's where I am from.. So as we are talking he totally slips and falls some ice in the parking lot. It was all I could do not to laugh, because Ryan fell in from of me. I wish that I were in high school again so I could say, my most memorable moment is when Ryan fell in front of me.
So Joel is calling to tell me that he is working with a really cool Traveling Nurse who is originally from Moses Lake, whose name is Ryan? Joel invited him to go play church basketball and to come hang out. They didn't hang out this time but, Ryan is supposedly coming back a few times the next few months so Joel might get to hang out with Ryan still. It's a small world after all.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment