Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, May 18, 2009

Basic Quilting





I took a basic quilting class that was four Wednesday nights through the sewing store in town and I actually finished my quilt. I'm not so sure I love it. I love the colors but I think that it looks like it has a lot going on. Some one told me that I just need to put it away for a few months and then get it out and I will love it. I think that I'm just going to try and master this pattern before I try a different one. I still need to finish my American quilt I started last year where we exchanged blocks. I want to work on it before I forget what I just learned.

11 comments:

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

I love it. You did a great job! I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe we can make several using the same pattern when you live in TN.

Kim said...

Way to go, Marta! Those are some fun fabrics. Just think, when you are asleep under the quilt at night in the dark snug as a bug...it doesn't matter if the quilt is pretty.

Kim said...

Not, that I am saying it isn't pretty. Just saying if you dont like it still in a few months.

Unknown said...

Where did you get your beautiful fabric?

Duludes said...

I got all the fabric at JoAnns Fabric. I had bought all of it when it was on sale and then when I started the quilt and trying to put them together some of them where driving me crazy so I went back two other times and switched some out for some new ones. That is almost the hardest part is picking the fabric out.

Ditto Family said...

Awesome!! What a great talent to work on. I've been sick the last few days but I still plan on calling and hearing more about the food storage stuff.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Someday...how lucky you are to be mastering so many new talents. You're amazing. I need to take that quilting class. What a fun project. It looks beautiful!

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Hi Marta,
I loved it! Good job. I am taking quilting class too, and I love it. i am not sure it will be pretty like your but I will love because I made it. Take care,
Josy

WalkConkies said...

You go, girl! That is awesome that you finished - it turned out great! You have almost motivated me to go work on a project! I am hoping to scrapbook next month!!!

Anonymous said...

that is one awesome quilt there. I love it!! So, any TN plans yet???

Nate and Jamie said...

I love the quilt! You did a great job. The more quilts you make, the easier it is to pick out fabrics. I have LOADS of patterns if you ever need one! :)