Okay technically it is still Spring until June 21st, but it is starting to resemble summer around here. Almost all the trees are done blooming. I had picked these Lilacs and Iris last week and boy did they smell good. For some reason Lilac's and Iris always remind me of My sister Kristen. Iris also remind me of my Mother in Law. She has a million of them in her yard. I should of taken a picture of the rows and rows of purple Iris she has. When it is in bloom it is breathtaking. Tonight when it cools of and the backyard is in the shade I will tackle the amazing weeds I'm growing they are quite impressive all ready. Happy Gardening to everyone.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
4 comments:
I was just thinking of you the other day when I was trying to remember what the difference was between a magnolia and a gardenia. I thought, "Marta would know!" Too bad we can't weed together like the good old Willow Drive days! We actually bought a peach tree from Costco here in Utah that was from Willow drive!!! Someday maybe I'll have some peaches to share - grown from our old stomping grounds! Oh the memories. I can totally picture Ruby trying to reach the steering wheel of the bus! For some reason working out in the yard sounds like a piece of cake now :)! Hope you enjoy the sunshine!
Marta, oh how great it would be to be able to garden with you, especially if we could tackle mine too. We moved the beginning of April and I'm not only being surprised at what is growing but am having a crash course in how to take care of everything! Doing all this 7+ months pregnant isn't the easiest but I know with a GREAT friend like you by my side it would be so much easier! I LOVE the pictures! Keep 'em coming!
:)
Bethany
Marta, I can't wait until you can garden in my yard :} I love the bouquet of flowers. I wish that I could smell them!
I can smell them right now! My grandma had two huge lilac bushes in her yard - and I think that contributed to my early childhood favorite color - purple!
Post a Comment