Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

{spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time}

Okay so I love to look at craft blogs. Especially if they have free tutorials. I have really had the crafting (sewing) bug lately. I'm not sure if it is because my craft room is almost completely packed or what. After working in the kitchen for hours this morning packing it up I had to sneak down to my sewing machine and create something.
I just came across a really neat blog called CRAFT HOPE. It is where crafters everywhere are uniting to help make items to send to Orphanages and villages in other countries. They make different things and have different projects going on. Project 3 ends this Saturday. I hope that I can get in on the next project hopefully it will be something I can make. I would love to be a part of something so wonderful as this.
FAITH HOPE LOVE
It takes faith, to believe in something bigger than yourself. To give unconditionally, simply because you know that someone else needs it. To love a child you’ve never met, in a country you’ve never visited. To give hope, to an orphaned child.
You can go and view this blog I attached the link button over on my side bar. Join in with crafters all over in helping those who are less fortunate then us. Gandhi says it best with this, "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

3 comments:

Kailey said...

so cool. I'm going to have to check out that blog! We're excited that your going to stay with us one more night before you leave!! We'll have to play Canasta! :) Haha! Just read your previous post too. Our thoughts and prayers and with you and Joel always. I hope that I never make you feel bad, but I'm sure I have more than once, and I'm sorry, It's never been my intention. I hope you know that. Love you tons!!

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

Marta~that is so awesome!! I always LOVE seeing people give in any way! Always inspiring, thamk you!

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Wow... I loved what you wrote. I wish you guys the best. Are you back from Brazil already? take care