Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sao Paulo, Brazil










So this is about two months late… but Marta had to wait on me again…
Our AMAZING Brazil trip started with a long Airplane ride to Sao Paulo. First we left Seattle with our friends the Burgers… While we waited in Atlanta it poured down rain… well apparently our stuff got left outside in the rain because when we arrived in Sao Paulo all of our stuff was wet, and not just misty but really wet.






After landing we had the adventure of figuring out how to get to our hostel. A bus ride and an hour on the subway got us close enough to walk the twenty blocks or so. This is a pic of marta at our hostel with our wet clothes hung out to dry, it was raining so it took a couple of days.








One of the best things about the trip was that Joel got to visit some friends of his from his mission. Ilma and Nuna were very gracious and made us some yummy food. Marta loved the dessert.



We walked around a lot, took the bus a couple times, but the subway was awesome... it was the best way to get around.



Here we are in a favela, Chuck was taking pics and got a couple good ones. It was crazy how many people there were that lived so close together. The houses went on forever and ever it seemed.





We went to the Sao Paulo Temple and had a great time. It was Beautiful. One of the highlights of the trip for sure.



This was in a Brazilian BBQ Restruant, which was amazing.... and cheap.

While at the temple we made some American friends who wanted to take us around to some great spots to see things and for souveginers. We went to a place called Embue which we did find lots of treasures. It was a cool little shopping area where all the streets are blocked off from cars.

6 comments:

The Gang said...

So I'm pretty jealous!! Even though it sounds like you had a few hangups I am still wishing I could do something fun like that!! Being poor sucks!!!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Thanks for posting guys. I know that was lots of work, but I sure enjoyed looking at your pictures. It looks beautiful. Hope you're adjusting and all is well.

Stacee said...

looks like you had a great time on your vacation!! James would love to go to brazil and see his old area that he was at on his mission. Maybe one of these yrs I guess!! Glad you had fun!!

William, Josy & Arianna said...

I loved to see all the pictures from my country... You guys are so funny!!! Sorry you guys had a few hangups! But I am sure you guys had a fun time too... I am going to Brazil Oct 06 Yahooo... I can't wait to see my family and friends and to eat all my Brazilian food. This time I will be there for 5 months yahooo. take care and i will see you guys next year when i am back to NC.

Mugs said...

So fun to see all your pictures from your trip! You guys look great! Marta, so sorry I still haven't emailed you mt address. I'm so spacey lately. Will do so now! How is your new home??

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all of those great pictures, what a neat experience that must have been! Congratulations on buying your first house, we are so happy for you!