So not to long ago I had signed up to bring a main dish into a funeral at our church building. I thought I would do the traditional Funeral Potato Casserole. I have always assumed that a casserole is a main dish. Well I have been corrected, it is a side dish and not a main dish. (At my house it's still considered a main dish) But then what was I thinking they consider Macaroni and Cheese a vegetable here in the South. So its no wonder why I was easily confused. Here is a little Southern Saying that I'm getting accustomed to.
The South;
where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; macaroni and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
4 comments:
beautifully, poetic.
Makes me want to visit all the more :). When I finally make it, I hope we can have some pecan pie and heart blessing ;). Maybe you can bring some of that good southern stuff w/ you this summer when you visit! I figure if it has enough milk & cheese, it has the protein, right!?!
Love this!
My daughter must be from the south then. She is convinced that Mac and cheese is an all encompassing food product which to her equals veggies. But it does sound so wildly romantic to live in the south. I can't wait to visit with you this summer about all your adventures!
Post a Comment