We had our individual interviews today. I didn't realize that's what was going to take place. I think it turned out better this way not knowing I only had time to worry while Joel was in there. Which was over an hour. So then I did start to worry. Are our answers going to match up. I tried to keep myself preoccupied as I played Tetris on my phone. It was then my turn and I only was in there for 20 min. It was basically a series of Questions of how do I think I'm going to parent, discipline and what trials/struggles have I had to face in my life. Needless to say we can see who the talker is out of the two of us Joel wins the title.
We then went through our paperwork made a list of what things are missing so we could get that done. We have been waiting on Joel's TN background check for awhile. Mine came right back, we figure his is being held up because he had previously has had to have a few done for school and stuff. So they probably where like why is this guy needing another one. We left feeling good and a little closer. We scheduled our home study for April 10th that is where John would come to our home and take inventory and make sure it was a safe environment.
On the way home we decided to stop by the famous Gaylord Opry Hotel in Nashville. We have heard tons about it. It was really neat, we spent a couple hours just walking around taking pictures. It would be fun to stay there someday. There was plenty we probably didn't see. I would of liked to have taken one of the tours to learn about the history of it all. Maybe next time.
Nashville has so much to do we need to come back again. There is a huge mall next to this hotel that is just reopening it had been flooded in the flood in May of 2010. The Hotel was flooded to I just can't remember how many feet of water it was under. I was sad when we drove by the mall and didn't stop at the Claim Jumpers I love there 7 Layer Chocolate Cake. Also next to the Hotel and Mall is the Grand Ol Opry. So if anybody is wanting to come visit there is plenty to see and do in Nashville.
5 comments:
Good luck with everything! The interviews would make me so nervous! I'm sure you two did well. :)
I love your pics of the hotel. I went there on a high school trip. Brings back fun memories. We should come out and visit you guys...Nashville is a really fun place. We're also praying for you...I'm sure you guys did awesome with the interviews, home study, etc.
Good luck with all the adoption stuff. I hope it goes as quickly as possible!
I love nashville. I would love to go see the hotel now!!!
So exciting getting all the adoption paper work finally finished. Can't wait to see your profile and start spreading the word for you!
Post a Comment