Well I'm back from the South. So my trip was wonderful. I was a little early for the fall foliage. I think it was just still to warm there for the trees to start changing colors. All though everyone from there said it was because of the drought that everything was so brown. I was like you people don't know what Brown is. Come to Yaki-vegas. It was absolutely gorgeous there. I could move in a heartbeat. I had a fun time getting to spend time with my sister and her family. They have busy busy lives. Sports, school stuff, church, etc... I was worn out. I really enjoyed getting to watch my nieces and nephews play in there sporting events. Especially Kjel who is playing his first year of football. He sacked the quarterback 4 times. Clayton'a whole soccer team was amusing they are 7yr olds. Then my true love Volleyball. I have several nieces that play. It's hard to sit there and watch because I want to play. My city league volleyball starts up so I'm excited about that. Well I won't be posting pictures for awhile because are computer crashed and so we are in the process of shopping for a new one. Any suggestions? Luckily I have found somebody who can get my important stuff off of the old computer (pictures, music etc..) Well my sister basically had to force me to come home as I tried hard to miss my plane. Then I almost cried when we where landing in Seattle and they said the current temperature was 38 degrees. It was in the 80's the whole time I was in Tennessee. Then driving home over the pass and it had snowed up there I'm sure it was beautiful but let's face it, I was not ready for that kind of beauty. I think Joel was going on about how gorgeous it was and I was sitting there rolling my eyes in disgust wishing and hoping that I would wake up from this awful dream of returning to the cold Pacific Northwest. To no avail it was no dream and on top off all that Joel broke his nose the night before I came home playing basketball at the church. He is defiant that he doesn't need it fixed. Let's just say it's a good thing I came home so that I can make sure he dose get it fixed. He is having surgery on it in two days. I'm grateful for good health insurance. I just hope that everything goes well with the surgery. They said his recovery time would be 8-10 days and that he isn't supposed to go to work for a week. I really hope it doesn't last that long. We will both go crazy if he is stuck at home that long. So im back and im getting used to the cold. The leaves are changing colors and look wonderful. I was able to play in the dirt and transplant some plants yesterday afternoon. Now I need to get busy with all my church duties(Young Womens in Excellence, Super Saturday, Visiting Teaching, Card Night, Mutual etc...)
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
6 comments:
Sorry. My last comment was lame. I hope Joel's nose heals fast. I'm always surprised when Anthony DOESN'T come home with a church-ball injury.
Sorry about Joel's accident. Hope all goes well. What are you doing Nov. 3rd? I thought I might drop in that Saturday afternoon.
Marta~
I'm so glad you had an awesome trip! You should come see us. It's not 80 degrees but it's still in the mid 60's. I miss you guys! I hope Joel's nose gets better. I wanna know who broke it! David misses playing ball, nobody plays here and we are also about 20 mins from the church. I'm still unpacking and getting organized. It's a nice area here and the ward is nice too. We do miss the Selah 1st ward ALOT! How is 1st ward? Who is the laurel advisor now? Ok, my comment is turning into a full blown letter so I'll have to start my own blog page. But I just wanted to say HI.
Jeanne
I can see why you love Tennessee so much--Alabama was beautiful too!
Good luck with the computer shopping and with the nose surgery. Can't wait for another update!
rats about the weather - how's joel's nose doing?
Post a Comment