So Joel has been out of town since last Wednesday. He is in Tennessee visiting my sister and his sister in Virgina. So I have been trying to stay busy so that I don't miss him too much.
1) Played a little City League Volleyball and Church Volleyball started.
2) Sewing and crafts.
3) Babysat for the Packards on Friday / Saturday only the four youngest.
I had so much fun babysitting my little friends. Their older sisters went with the Parents to Portland to see Wicked. So I was determined that we would also have fun. They always want to come over, so we turned it into a sleep over. So I arrived at their house Friday morning and they were very excited and ready to go. You would of thought that it was Christmas with how excited they where. So this is how the day went. We went to Kids Castle a indoor play area with ball pits and slides and huge climbing toys. Lots of fun. Then we went to McDonald's for lunch. Then back to the house so the little ones could nap. After naps we headed over to my house. They had fun playing with the train set and Joel's old Legos from when he was little. For dinner we made homemade Pizza that was so yummy stuffed crust and all. Forrest said that I need to teach his mom how to make it. We watched Madagascar 2, had a treat and they went to bed. In the morning we had breakfast and got right into playing. We had a huge Nerf gun and rubber band gun war. It was so much fun. Boys against the girls. That was a great gift Joel gave me for Christmas was the Nerf Guns. We have a little to much fun with them. I'm always finding the bullets all over the house. Saturday was the same. Forrest and Floyd could of played that all day long I think. So I said that I would have to have them over when Joel got home and they could bring there guns and we could play again.
Some of my favorite time with the kids are when we are in the car. Because they have nothing else to do but talk. They say the funniest things in the car. I wish I had a recorder. I always forget what they say and I want to tell Joel because sometimes it is just so funny.
Here is one I do remember.
I had just got off the phone with my Sister Kim.
Ruth: Who was that?
Me: My Sister Kim.
Ruth: Where dose she live?
Me: Utah
Ruth: By herself?
Me: Yes.
Ruth: Why dose she live by herself?
Me: Because she isn't married. Do you know anybody she can marry?
Ruth: (pauses to think about it) Well she can't marry my cousin Luke!
I about drove off the road because Cousin Luke is 4yrs old. I don't think Ruth needs to worry about my sister stealing Luke away from her.
One of the things Forrest asked me is if Joel and I could live with him forever. Too cute.
The end each time we stay stay and babysit we always hide when the parents get back and they have to come find us. The Kids always look forward to doing this and are always thinking of where to hide. I came up with a great place this time. I thought we should hide in the back of the truck in the Garage and then when they pulled in we would jump up and scare them. It worked perfectly! It is so fun to see them get so excited about hide and seek. I was pretty tired by Saturday night.
So that is what I have been doing to keep my mind off of missing Joel. I wish that it was Friday already so that he was home. I'm sure he will have pictures to post from his trip.
So Hurry up Friday and get here!
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
7 comments:
That's sad that you didn't get to go with Joel! Glad you had so much fun w/ the kids though!!! Sounds like you are the awesomest babysitter!!!
What are the Packards going to do without you? You guys are going to both miss each other SO much! You're one in a million!
That is sad that you didn't get to go with Joel. We were wondering the whole time why you wouldn't come and see me!!!! Okay, I know why, I just can't wait until you move out here!!! then I can see you all that I want.
Hey Marta- This is Jeff Lay's younger sister Wendy. I met you in December. I hope you don't mind me blog-stalking you. I'm making a quiet book for my daughter, and Celina said that you made the cutest one she'd ever seen in her life. Did you use a pattern or are you just a creative genius? :-) Anyway, if you have any tips, let me know. Thanks!
Happy Birthday Miss Marta! Thank you for being such a good friend.
Sounds like a very fun filled weekend! Yes, I think I will have to not use her as my dating guru...that is too funny.
Marta,
you are the ultimate babysitter. I could learn a thing or two from you! Those kids are only too lucky :o)
Post a Comment