Well it has happened, I'm now 30! I thought for sure that the minute I turned 3o it would be down hill. That my metabolism would slow way down and that wrinkles would appear at a even more rapid rate then they already have. But not so much, those things happened long before 30.
I had a enjoyable weekend, I partied hard the whole weekend. One last party for the twenties. A group of girlfriends and I went to Seattle for some shopping and Time Out for Women. We had an amazing time had some good food and good laughs and great conversations. I even managed to acquire a new nickname(only funny to those who where there).
the view from our room at the hotel. Downtown Seattle early morning with the rain and the Space Needle in the background. Sorry its not the clearest picture.
The best part of my birthday was being able to see Joel again, as he had been gone to Tennessee/Virgina for a week. He got home at 3:00 am Friday morning and I left around 10:00am. I got home Saturday night he had already left for work so I didn't see him until Sunday morning in time to get ready for church. Then after church we had a quick lunch and he went back to bed so that he could get a few hours of sleep before he had to go back to work. I feel like its been years since I have seen him. I guess that just makes it easier to appreciate all that he does for me, Right? I'm excited Joel got me a new Tennis Racket, I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up now.
Some of my other favorite gifts would be my adorable bag my sister Kristen made me.
Then my good friends that Packard's always make me feel special. I showed up to work today and found a Treasure hunt awaiting me. It led me downstairs to where they where all hiding out with a cake with 30 candles on it. I was so surprised and loved it. They all made cards for me. The Scrapbook page is from Haley the oldest she is 14 (she was 6 when I started babysitting for them.) I loved it she wrote some lovely things on the back. I really feel like the Packard children are just my younger siblings. I love all of them so much and I cannot believe how fast they are growing up. I wish I would of had my camera on me so that I could of taken a picture with them. The best part was eating the cake at 8:00 in the morning, aren't Birthday's the best. The kids couldn't believe we were eating cake for breakfast. Celeste was so cute she just moved around the table eating bites from everyone's cake.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Marta...........I can't even remember when I was 30....oh yeah, you lived with me in Wenatchee when I was 30...now you can live with me in Johnson City when I am 39
Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl! I didn't think 30 was so bad either. How sweet of the Packard tribe!
I am glad that you loved everyone else's presents to you. Maybe I should have sent you your first present instead of exchanging it for what you wanted. :(
I tried to find a cute green purse...but couldn't so I went with the other option that you mentioned. Maybe next year you will like your present.
Okay Kim it's not that I didn't like your present I actually wrote this post weeks ago and Joel just barely got around to proof reading it. I love my present from you. I have been using. But if you want to throw yourself a pity party go ahead.
I knew I shouldn't have pulled my hair up! I look like such a barf-o school meister. :) I was glad we got to spend some of your birthday weekend together. Happy Birthday TACO! (I see you forgot to mention what your nickname was.)
Hope you had a great birthday.
oh, you bet I am going to through a pity party! I wanted to keep your CUTE purse. But, being the loving sister that I am I sent it to you anyway. :)
Marta- We had so much fun with your guys this weekend!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your B-day!! And Kim, her new purse is SuPER cute!! Love ya!!
Happy Belated Birthday Marta!!
Ok maybe you don't feel old turning 30, but the fact that you and my daughter are 30 makes me feel very old! Where did the last 20 yrs go?
Post a Comment