Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Watcha ya Got Cookin?

Well I have made some yummy food lately and I wanted to share. I tried Costco's Pizza a few weekends ago the one with the Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato and Basil on it. Wow it was so yummy that I thought to myself since we have been making homemade pizza a lot around here that I needed to try that combination. It turned out just so good and of course we made it stuffed crust. I have this amazingly good bread recipe that makes lots of other things like the pizza crust. It's so easy and turns out good every time. It's really filling I can hardly eat 2 pieces.


The other thing that I tried and it turned out a little disastrous is a new Banana Bread recipe. I have recently tried some Banana Bread that was really moist and a little lighter in color than what I have made in the past. So I got the recipe and tried it. The secret ingredient to make it so moist is Sour Cream.

I think Sour Cream makes everything taste good. Speaking of Sour Cream have you every dipped strawberries in Sour Cream and then Brown Sugar? Okay I know it sounds a little weird, but don't knock it tell you try it. I just hope they have that in Heaven along with Chocolate. That says how good it is.
Well I ran into a few little problems, while I was writhing the recipe down I had a few interruptions and I managed to write it down wrong. Then while I was making it I was talking on the phone and I thought that what I had written down for Baking Powder seemed a little much. But I just continued on making and talking. Needless to say while I was baking it, it started to smell good at first then it started to smell as if something was burning. So I went to check it out. I obviously had put to much Baking Powder in it it was like Volcano Bread instead. Oozing out all over the oven so I quickly got cookie sheets out to put under it but it had already made a big stinky mess. So when they where done I wasn't to excited to try them because I thought I had ruined them with the Baking Powder, needless to say they still tasted good they just looked incredible funny.






Okay so I didn't make these I bought them. The Nature Valley Granola Bars that have a yogurt coating on the bottom. They are really yummy, sorry no picture for these. But you should try them. Hope that this post doesn't make you all hungry.

9 comments:

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Hi Duludes I don't know if you remmeber me Ninha from Tibiri Ward Brazil. Well Jayanne give me your blog and I am very happy to see your pictures and that you have a family now, Congratulation she is very beautiful. well I hope we can keep in touch take care. You can see my blog and see what we are doing.Lol.

Lyle and Mary: said...

Yum, and yes you did make me hungry!
Koreans like to put squid, corn and a few other strange things on their pizzas...probably doesn't make you hungry hearing that. I do have a great banana bread recipe, and your right, its the sour cream that makes it good. (Another item that's impossible to find here. They use Yogurt.) So its nice to drool over your post.

Unknown said...

Nice. I'm glad I'm not the only one with an occasional receipe malfunction. I bet it's a yummy receipe though! I love sour cream--I try to buy fat free or light though which is still good but not quite the same.

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Hey Guys! That will be nice to meet your wife! Well Arianna and I will be here in Idaho for while.We staying at William's parents house while William is gone, and We going stay at my family house too in Brazil,but I will love to see you guys before we return to NC. And I will love to eat that yummy Pizza.Take care
Josy

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Thank you for keep him in your prayers. We live in Fayetteville,NC. I have a friend she live in Tennesse . How long you guys will been in Brazil and what city in Brazil you guys will staying? I hope you like Brazil. Have a good trip.
Josy

Ditto Family said...

Excuse me...can you share such yumminess without sharing the recipes?

Stacee said...

Looks like you've been a busy lady. Cooking is always fun. Looks good.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I ditto the Ditto. You've yet to share your yummy bread recipe.

WalkConkies said...

Yummy! You'll have to share your bread/pizza dough recipe too! For some reason my pizza dough never turns out quite right?!? It seems like whenever I triple a batch (which is usually when I am cooking for other people) it flops! You could just tell people that the banana bread is SO good it explodes with flavor :)! When are you guys going to visit Utah again?!?