So Joel and I probably had a little to much fun this last weekend. We went down to Portland to visit the temple and see the musical Wicked and have dinner with our friends the Schikedanz's.
We haven't been back to the Portland Temple since we where married there in 2002. So it was long overdue and was on our Bucketlist of things to do. So we decided to go.
I just Love Joel so much and had the best weekend we have had in a long time. Thanks for the memories Joel. Sorry we didn't take cuter pictures, O well.
After the Temple Joel and I meet up with our friends and went to dinner at the Melting Pot. That was fun and now I can say I have done that. It was really yummy, but I'm not sure that I could go there again because you seriously have to plan like 3 hours for your meal. I guess its because I'm a impatient eater. But of course it was fun trying something new especially since we have nothing like that in Yaki-Vegas. Eating has always been something I have enjoyed doing so when I go to the City I love going to fun places to eat. We really enjoyed the food and company. We had to save the dessert for after the show. So we made a mad dash through the streets of Portland not a pretty sight for anyone watching me run in a dress and high heel boots. 
Wicked was awesome we both really enjoyed it. It went by way to fast, I was sad when it was over. It was the biggest production I had every seen and it was worth the money we paid for the tickets. I would see it again for sure. If you haven't seen it and it's coming to a city near you, I recommend going and seeing it.
After the show we went back to the Melting Pot for our delicious Desserts that I'm drooling just thinking about it. Had some great conversations and laughs over Chocolate what gets better then that?
From there Joel and I drove up to Tacoma area to my brothers house, I denied Joel the option of a Hotel. We got in really late (2:30am) it felt like Joel and I where teenagers again staying up so late on a hot date. Had a fun filled conference weekend with some of my family. We had planned on coming home Saturday night, but we stayed another night to make sure we didn't miss any of the fun.
On our drive home once we got to the summit I couldn't stop saying how grateful we where heading Eastbound on I-90. This is what we saw for the next 15 miles.
The weather this last weekend I guess was too nice for the pass and they were doing avalanche control so only one lane was open at the top of the pass. The traffic was backed up for 15 miles. They where at a dead stop. I think that there was probably a lot of traffic due to spring breaks and the end of a weekend. But boy I felt bad for those who where not expecting delays on there travels. I would of been one cranky pants if I had to sit in that. There where people out of thier cars playing in the snow walking to the top of the summit. Just a bunch of craziness, I was so glad it wasn't us. The sign read a 3-4 hour delay.
Joel is back in his work week, wishing he was fishing. I don't know how he likes fishing so much. One of his childhood dreams was to have his own fishing show, Fishin with JD... That will have to wait, he has to work a while still.
So now back to the grind and all of my deadlines I have in the next two weeks. Enough to make me need another Spring Break.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
7 comments:
That doesn't sound like TOO much fun that sounds WONDERFUL! :D I loved Wicked as well--good, clean fun!
Yeah, I am glad that you liked wicked. My girls were talking about the Portland temple the other day. They were remembering how beautiful it was when you were married. They want to go back there too!
That's like ten dates all wrapped up into one! How fun!!!
I love the first picture of you guys all little and the temple big in the back.
I'm feeling a little sad about your upcoming departure.
"Nobody mourns the wicked!" So happy you got to enjoy the spectacular and create fun memories with your sweetheart.
Wicked is coming to Seattle in September...I hope we can go! And we haven't been to the Portland Temple since we got married almost 10 years ago!! I really want to go there this summer. You guys are so cute in the temple picture!
LOL. Yeah. They do that every winter season over the pass....not fun to sit and wait on the road like that. I'm so glad we no longer have to travel over that mountain range. =)
I've heard that production is awesome! So glad you guys got to go have such a fun weekend! I've never been to the Portland temple - it is beautiful though! Maybe I should make up my own bucketlist?!? Andy and I have written 100 goals to achieve in our lifetime b/c we were challenged to do that, but I liked that movie! We'll have to fondue if you guys come visit - and you can share all the ideas from the Melting Pot!
Post a Comment