




Well Joel did it. He took the boards for Nursing and passed. I'm so proud of my boy. He has worked so long and hard for this. We checked the next day for the results about a million times. But of course they weren't there. So 5:00 am Saturday morning I woke up and said Joel lets check to see. He passed we where so excited we slept in for hours. I'm glad that stage is over and can hardly wait for the next. Joel is training in the Telemetry unit at Memorial Hospital and he hopes to get trained in the ICU soon. Its such a relief it was a very surreal day like it wasn't happening. I of course wanted to celebrate by going shopping. We settled on eating out instead. I'm just so proud of JOEL. Makes me want to go back to his Chemistry teacher he had when taking pre-reqs for the nursing program who said he would never make it as a nurse, just to rub it in her face. Luckily if she ever has to go to the hospital and Joel ends up working on her she will be in good hands. If it was me, I don't think I could help her, she would just have to suffer with a lot of pain. Okay yes that's cruel, but Joel as had his ups and downs its been a long road. SO THANK YOU to all of you who have kept us in your prayers and your words of encouragement they have meant a lot. We are truly grateful for family and friends. Life has always been good, but it just got a lot better.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
8 comments:
Congratulations Joel! We need more nurses like you. I'm glad you didn't listen to your chemistry teacher.
Yay, that's so great. Those kinds of teachers who think they have any guage of a person's potential are irksome, hateful humans who were obviously taken from their mothers and destined to be the spawns of hell.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have both worked hard for this accomplishment. The only thing that is wrong with this pictures is that you are no longer in our ward--what at you both thinking??
Can't wait to see what is next up your family's plan!
Wahooooo!! Congrats Joel. We knew you could do it dude.
Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment! I completely know.
This gives me so much hope! By the way this is Melissa. ;) My hubby is currently working on his last few pre-reqs and then we will start the real program this spring. Yikes.
Congratulations!
Yay for Joely-Woley!! That is awesome!! We're happy for you, and excited to see you on a couple of months!
-Kailey and James
Hey Marta!
How fun that you blog too! (I found your link on Sarah's site) And congrats to your husband and his accomplishment. That is awesome for you both.
Now it's on to better things ..... like graduate school! :)
Post a Comment