Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Never Ending Hike

Well I did agree to go on the Hike that Joel wanted to go on. He said it wasn't that hard and it was only a 1 to 1.5 hour hike. I said okay. Well after two hours I was like are we almost there? Joel had totally forgotten about half of the hike. His sister Amanda chimed in and said Joel this hike took us all day last time. I wanted to push Joel off the Mt. at that point. We kept pushing forward all though I wasn't amuzed at this point. (I was getting bored and it was a bit of a work out, my hip was starting to hurt) We finally made it to the top it only took 4 long hours to get there. I had to go the bathroom so bad and I was very hungry. Good thing we had packed food and water or I would of quit half way up the Mt. I'm sure that the view was beautiful, but at that point I was in a pretty fowl mood to enjoy it. Plus my sandwich didn't have a tomato on it like I had asked for. But Joel did have some yummy chocolate that he shared with me. We stayed on the top for a hour, eating, resting, dreading the long hike back down. We started the trek back down, I could tell right away it was going to take longer then I wanted. My feet where wishing they had sandals on so that my toes weren't smashing into the front of my tennis shoes. I was so ready to be off that Mountain that I was running down parts of it even though that wasn't the smartest thing to do. Considering parts of the trail my legs where going so fast I was afraid I might not stop with out harm. I was like roadrunner. We where even cutting down on parts of the trail skipping all the swicth backs and just going straight down. I had half the mountain in my shoes by the end. It took two hours to get down and that was with the running and cutting off part of the trails. I was so ready to go home and shower and have a massage. My legs, feet and hips hurt so bad that night. Joel was sick of my complaining so he drugged me up with Tylenol PM, works great I should use that stuff more often. Especially on the nights when Joel doesn't work and I have to share the bed. I never sleep good when I have to share the bed, I think I found a outlet now. lol thanks honey. So I have no idea why I'm even posting about this negative hike. Let's just say I won't be going hiking for a very long time at least not on one that Joel wants to go on.

2 comments:

jimmieP said...

I think Joel learned a play from my dad's play book. Ask him about the "Just over the next saddle" hike.

Panini said...

that bad karma - reporting the wrong length of a hike . . .
:)