Well it has been a little while since I have posted. I have been busy getting some things done before school starts next week for Joel and I. I have managed to get my book list shortened. I think I'm down to three books to finish before I start anymore. We did a little summer cleaning, going through things getting rid of things and organizing. It has felt good. It's stuff that has been needing to get done for way to long. We aren't quit finished but hopefully before next week starts up. That's are goal keep fingers crossed.
Joel and I had are first Craig's list experience. Can I say fun, I think it might become my new addiction. Joel has wanted a wood rocking chair for like ever. They are pretty price to buy. To find a nice used one is hard to do without them looking like the came across the plains with Brigham Young. Well I have been meaning to get onto Craig's List because I hear people talk about it all the time so I did and that is what I found a nice rocking chair for $40 bucks. Joel was so excited he loves his rocking chair. Sorry I haven't taken a picture of Joel in it yet. That will have to be posted later. We also got a sewing table that I will use for my crafts. I was excited about this item. So that is where I have been spending my time is cleaning and organizing my huge pile of a mess in my corner of the spare bedroom. I have almost got it done to the point of where I can make cards and today I sewed my quilt blocks. This is the first quilt that I have ever attempted to make. It's a enrichment group that we have set up in my ward. It's a quilt block exchange group. We make 12 of the same block and in the colors of red, white and blue. I think for my first attempt it turned out pretty good. I will post the actually quilt later when it is done. Probably a few months down the road.
Something cool about this project is I'm using my mom's sewing machine. It's not the best machine in the world, but it's the one I learned on and it's my moms. She used to sew a lot, she was a really good sewer as she was good at all things pertaining to being a mom. So it makes this quilt even more special to me.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
4 comments:
It looks good. All you will have to do is take your ruler and cut a straight line at the top. I think that it will be okay.
Miss Talented!!!
Thanks for the visit last night! LOVE the new glasses.
Quilt is going to be beautiful! I learned on my mom's old singer sewing machine, but am not brave enough to quilt!
That quilt block is awesome. I do think it is a fun idea. Maybe I'll have to sign up next time.
Post a Comment