Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer is winding down

Well this week Joel and I both started back to school. Joel in his last semester of his Bachelor's program and I back to the Packard's to do Kindergarten with Ruth and Forrest. So Joel will be extremely busy up until first part of December as he works every weekend Fri, Sat and Sun 12 hour night shifts and then every other weekend its Thurs, through Sunday 12 hour night shifts. We are getting closer to him not having to work the night shifts. I can't believe he is almost done with one more big mile stone. He has school Monday - Wednesday. Then he has clinical hours to fit in there somewhere also. Plus he has his church callings and what ever else he thinks he needs to do. (Church basketball is starting up) So to enjoy a little time together Joel knows me a little two well. He knows how I like to stay home. If we do go out I hate having to spend money and usually we don't wan't to do the same thing so he got a little creative and created a little picnic setting in the living room with some yummy food and of course lots of chocolate. He is so fun. The only bad thing is I wasn't feeling to extremely hungry and especially not for sweets. But I did try a few bites of most things. Thanks honey for the fun times. Who knows when we will get to do that again.





Another one of my summer projects is a quiet book that was a enrichment class the I participated in. I think it turned out adorable. Thanks to Sister Iverson for all her hard work and time she spent helping man this project. I helped do the flower button page and the bead page. Then I did the sewing of the actually pages together and the cover.









Can I just say I do love this time of year. When it is still nice during the day but it sure cools off at night. It's Harvest time, My tomatoes are doing so good. It's volleyball and football season. It's just one of my favorite times of the year.

11 comments:

Missy said...

Joel is so thoughtful!

Oh how I miss the four seasons. The only reason I know summer is starting to come to a close here is the fact that we have a monsoon every night for the past couple of nights.

Plus, that is one fabulous quiet book and I have seen a lot of them. The bead page is pure genius!

Heather said...

Oh, that was such a sweet post. It made me feel serene and nostalgic. especially when you talked about volleyball.

That was a cute picnic. way to go Joel!

And that quite book is AMAZING. definitely the best one I've seen. So super cute.

I'm glad you are well. Thanks for the nice post on my blog.

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Yes, thank you too for your work on the quiet books Marta. I went and worked on mine yesterday and now have some sewing ahead. I still feel bad that I only sewed the little shapes. Oops! That was cute that Joel did that. Such a thoughtful guy. This is also my favorite time of the year.

Stacee said...

I want a book like that. That is way cute. I wish our ward will do something like that!!!!

Ditto Family said...

What a fun picnic idea!

Your quiet book turned out awesome! That little Dulude baby is going to be one lucky kid!

Mugs said...

Dulude Baby!!!!!!!? What!!!? Oh man. We are calling you guys this week.

Marta, your projects never cease to amaze me.

Unknown said...

I agree, your projects are amazing! And I love this time of year too, esp. when the days start to get a little crisp! Love the new background for your blog, BTW.
This post made me wish you lived here in Utah!

Debbie and Bobby said...

How fun Marta. I love the quiet book. I've wanted to make one forever. What a sweet thoughtful husband you have.

Michelle said...

The quiet book is awesome! Way to be crafty.

I love this time of year too. I love to leave the windows open and let the breeze keep everything cool.

Kailey said...

it's so fun to catch up on your blog!! I have been missing out!! I LOVE the quiet book you made, and so do our kids. They actually fight over it, so sometimes it's not really "quiet." We do need to hang out again soon!!

Emma Hox said...

Wow, your book is amazing!