Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, September 29, 2008

I got a new Calling

Okay I have had a permanent smile on my face since Friday night. It will probably change after my first Meeting tomorrow. So after girls camp in July I was released from our Ward Young Women's Presidency. Which was really hard. I had truly enjoyed that calling and felt I just fit very well there. It was a tearful couple of weeks as I missed the girls and the whole young women's program. It didn't help that the replacement's where some of my closest friends. Then I was called into the Primary which isn't too bad. They gave me small class and said they couldn't believe that they actually got me and that the class I would be getting next year was a big one that needed a good teacher. I did a little research to see who was coming in next year. So I had a bit of a negative attitude about it. But come to find out the group coming in was all my little friends that I babysit alot. So that wasn't going to be a challenging group for me at all. Anyway I had a pretty bad attitude about this calling and I felt that I was struggling. I had no idea of how to deal with it. I basically have been counting down the Sundays until the next year. Hoping and praying that they would not move me up with the class.

So I get a call from a High Council members on Friday wanting to meet with Joel and I. I was on the road to pick up my niece so I would not be able to come in with Joel. So I said I could see him when I got into town at 9:00 pm that night. I was thinking it was for Joel getting called to be the new Elders Quorum President (thank goodness that didn't happen). So I get to are little meeting and he ask me how my calling is going. I said honestly I have been a little negative about it and explained why. He responded with would you like a new calling? I was like yes with complete enthusiasm. When I realized what I had just said, I was like did you forget who you are talking to a (Stake Member). So I was like well what is it? He then told me that I was being called to be the Stake Young Women's Secretary. I couldn't believe it I was almost jumping out of my seat as I was so excited to be back in Young Women's. Also to work with some really neat women in our stake. I then responded with does it matter that I probably will be moving away in less then a year? He said they still want you. I was on cloud nine. Still am. I did think well I guess this official means I'm old. Because in the back of my mind I just associate Stake Callings with old people. But at this point I will take being Old, as I am so excited, let the fun begin.

10 comments:

Kailey said...

You are old! Wow congrats girl-- that is so awesome. You crack me up. I still have to call you. I know, I am a slacker! So glad you posted pics of little Lael. She looks like a combo of her brothers!

Mugs said...

That is great, Marta! Now you will be working with my little mom!

Anonymous said...

Congradualtions Girly. What fun for you. I have been in Young Women since I have been married and I love it as well. The YW keep me young at heart. LOL! I teach the YW now and I also serve as the RS Enrichment Leader as well. Then also I do the Sunday Bullentin. I stay busy for sure but love them all. You have such a great personalitity that I can see why you were inspired for this stake calling. Now, who is the stake pres. I need to talk to him and inform him of the "animal" within. HA! HA!

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

What is so frusturating about chasing other peoples kids down the hall at church? I just thought that is what church is about. Maybe someday they will be brave and call me into the YW. Oh, I know, you can move here, they can call you to be the YW Pres. and you can call me to be your Secretary. That sounds inspired to me!

Stacee said...

Congrats on the new calling. I would love to be in YM. But for now I will have to handle primary. I'm the second counselor in the Presidency. FUN!! I'm a little nervous about it.

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Missy said...

Congratulations! It is always good news when a calling is something you love!

Unknown said...

Brandon and I are teachers in Primary too-CTR 5 with a class that has presented some challenges so I completely understand where you were coming from, but I think it's great that you will be working in the young womens again, I've always thought that would be an area I'd like to some day serve in. You go girl!

Ditto Family said...

What a perfect calling for a Grannie like YOU!! You'll do awesome!

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

Marta, I'm adding you on my blog list! I just started one!