Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fireproof

Okay so Joel and I where going to go see Madagascar 2 but it was sold out and I really wanted to see a movie. It's not very often that we go to the movie and if we do we usually go to different movies because we can't agree on one that we both want to see. I know pathetic, probably a big part of why we hardly go to the movies. We will work on that I promise. I suggested we drive to the other theater to see Fireproof. I had seen the trailer and saw an interview that Kirk Cameron did and really wanted to see it. Joel did not want to see it, so I said that I would go to a movie next time that he wanted to see. The movie is a Christian Film, a lot of churches I'm sure are telling their congregations to go see it. Anyway I came away from it impressed. I really liked it, one it was clean and had a good message and it was all about marriage. I cried several times not sure if it was really that good or just because it has been forever since I have cried in a movie. It even has some funny parts. For most of the actors to be no names except for Kirk Cameron it was good. I guess I was really interested to see it because of the interview with Kirk Cameron and how he hasn't been in too many films since his days on Growing Pains. He doesn't take roles where he has to sleep or kiss someone. So the part in the movie where is kissing his wife it is actually real wife. So that really limits what roles he can play. I think that it was worth the $16.00. Even if they searched my purse. I had to give them my licorice. So there I admit it I am one that sneaks my snacks into the theater. Not a good sign of being Honest in all things. Joel said, you didn't you read the sign out there? The sign said we will check your purses and bags for weapons and drugs, so if you don't want them checked leave them in the car. I read it but didn't think that they would really do it. So I was caught red handed with my black licorice. They say that they are checking for weapons because they have had problems with that. Is this only in Yaki-Vegas? I think they just want my candy. But they actually kept in the ticket office and you can pick it up after if you have any dignity left. Which I do so I picked it up after the movie. I find it funny that they check purses but not peoples jackets and coats. You can hide weapons in those too. Like I said I think its the whole thing of people sneaking in candy. I know I'm not the only one out there. You can admit to it come on now.








5 comments:

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

Warren wants to go and see that movie. The last time we went Warren bought the refill popcorn size and Warren and the boys refilled three times. (There were seven of us at the theater) They thought it was fine, I was feeling bad about it. Whatever, they earn plenty of money on all of the refreshments that are sold at those theaters.

Stacee said...

I've never even heard of the movie. Didn't know they looked in purses for weapons now. Maybe it's an excuse so they can see if people take in candy. I do it all of the time!!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I want to see that movie too. I am totally a dishonest movie treat person. I decided to stop it last time we went and when I went to buy some popcorn I about lost it...$5! No way. Today we went to Madagascar 2 and I brought in snacks for the boys b/c they don't care for the Imagination Library showing. Not sure if that makes sense.

Unknown said...

Never even heard ot it, but now I want to see it, at least when it comes to the $ movie. It's great when you can find a good PG movie.

Anonymous said...

I have heard that this movie is good. I want to see it even more now that you liked it. I also take food in to the movies as well. Thank goodness for purses.