Well that is what I'm calling yesterday. I was so bummed, mad, irritated and the list could go on & on about hearing the news of Mitt Romney dropping out of the Presidential Race. I could hardly focus on any of my task because the reality of life for the next for years kept creeping into my mind. My sister Kim did say we should just stay in Switzerland for the next four years. I'm so not looking forward to are taxes going up and who knows what will happen with health care. Then there are all the other issues the war, the borders, ect... So I have no clue who I'm going to vote for now. I do know that it won't be Hillary. I can honestly say I don't know anybody who is voting for McCain. But do I leave my traditional party of Republicans because of my distaste for McCain and vote for Obama. So I guess I would just like to hear from ya all on what your views are especially if you where voting in the first place for Obama or McCain.
The day did end a little better we got are tickets for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. I leave April 22 and return May 2.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
6 comments:
Take heart, no matter who wins the presidency, in two years there will be the mid-term Congressional elections and it is not unusual for the party who doesn't control the White House to gain the majority in Congress. Then they can get back to fighting amongst themselves and vetoing legislation and none of the promises anyone made in any election will actually happen, because our system was designed to be slow, plodding, and inefficient. Good times.
I totally agree! I was soooo bumbed about Romney!I will not vote for McCain, well, if Hillary wins I will vote for McCain, if Obama wins, I might just vote Democrat for the first time ever. Apparently 40%-ish of Utah feels the same way according to a KSL poll!
p.s. I changed my blog address, added a 2 on the end of my url.
Black Thursday doesn't sound all that terrible with getting your tickets to Europe--we were bummed about the drop out too. Like we heard at the Worldwide Broadcast on Saturday "there is no need to fear when you are living the gospel." (or something like that)
Does this mean that you can come and sit on our kids Sunday night when we are in Utah?
hmmm, how does that song go.........."when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when you are feeling blue"............just remember, we are going to Salsburg to find all of our favorite things and everything will be all right! Love ya, Kristen
hmmm, how does that song go.........."when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when you are feeling blue"............just remember, we are going to Salsburg to find all of our favorite things and everything will be all right! Love ya, Kristen
Hey there, from what I understand from my parents who are very political and heavily involved with the republican party and such is that Obama is the worst person to vote for out of everyone b/c of his voting record and other issues...so I would mark him off the list in my opinion..oh and by the way we are moving back in about 1-2mnths, Trev just got assigned back to Yakima for the next year!
Post a Comment