So I am in need of a good pair of
comfortable shoes. Since I will be doing
some serious traveling, comfort is
important. Dose anybody have any
Suggestions?
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
8 comments:
Aparently Clarks are the thing...they can be super expensive though and grandma-ish looking, they also make shoes called Primos that are really cute, but pricey as well. Like $80-ish.
When I was in Europe I wore one of two things. A good pair of tennis shoes, or a well-broken-in pair of Birkenstocks. I went against all fashion rules and wore my sandals with socks. Occasionally I also wore a pair of Doc Marten's. When you need good walking shoes you have to shell out the bucks. You get what you pay for, literally. Definately don't go for the cheapo brands. Your feet can tell the difference when you are walking in them all day.
I have never been to Germany but I wear Doc all the time!! I love them. A little pricey but well worth it. Doc's is all I wear. I have a lot of other shoes I never wear because Docs are my favorite.
I actually do have a pair of slip on Clark's they are comfortable. I also got them for a great price they are just a blue color that doesn't go with everything. But its not like I'm going to Europe to make a fashion statement, if any thing I'm probably a few years behind in the fashion. I also have a pair of Birkenstocks it is kinda of a staple if you are a Dulude. I never had a pair until I married into the family of Birkenstocks. That is how people know who my father-in-law is. Isn't he the guy that wears Birkenstocks with socks? Yep that's him. I also have a pair of Doc sandals and I like them they are just to heavy. They will have to be left behind.
DANSKO!!!
Marta,
I wear two types. My Timberland or my addias samabas. Both have been really nice. I wouldn't go with the doc's. The ones that I had were a little slippery when it was wet. And it will most likely be a little wet.
Later skater
I would check out the websites for Aerosoles or Naturalizer. They specialize in comfortable shoes, but also have fasionable shoes. I was eyeing some flats on the Aerosole site that could work with pants or a skirt that would be great for England in the fall. If one shoe works with everything your suitcase is lighter!
I've heard Danskos and Earth shoes. Both spendy so you should go to an outlet or look on Sierra Trading Post. My sisters LOVE them for their missions!
Post a Comment