Okay, I'm just venting. So I'm the 2nd counselor in the Young Womens Presidency (Over the Beehives) I enjoy my calling a lot but last night I wanted to kick some teeth in. We where in charge of the Joint Activity which is all the Young Women and Young Men. I'm really starting to hate those because the Young Men are dorks, and the list could go on. My girls had planned a fun activity at least I thought it was fun. We did different types of relay races. Well there where several boys by the end of the night that I was ready to hang. One of the problems with them was there attitude, They wanted to be playing sports so they just thought they needed to be difficult. Now this was not all of the boys mostly the younger ones, but seriously every activity we do that the boys are in charge is Sports. Hey I love sports just as much as the boys and when we do them I,m all over it there to compete, with a good attitude, playing hard and having fun, sometimes having a little to much fun. But is it two much to ask for people to just come to a activity that someone else has planned and put a lot of work into and have a good time and not cause problems. I know that is something that I will teach my kids at a young age is to be grateful for the service people put into their callings. The surprising thing was it was some kids who have great parents so that was a little disappointing. This is something that will get me all wound up in no time is when the Youth complain about something we are doing. I feel like saying to them, guess what there a lot of times I would rather stay home and be productive there (because there is never ending work at home) or I would rather be spending time with my husband who I hardly ever see then being here with you ungrateful little brats. I just don't have time to be around kids, teenagers or adults who are going to be ungrateful for my time that I put into my callings. That's right Callings. I have 4 of them and I think that I do a pretty good job at them. Besides those handful of boys that I wanted to kill by the end if the activity it turned out great. Those that had good attitudes had a good time. I think that when the Beehives are in Charge of the Youth Fireside I'm going to have a speaker on Attitudes and Gratitude.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
4 comments:
Marta,
I'm sorry that the boys are such brats. I think it is a universal thing. I remember the boys in my ward growing up were exactly the same. Unless we planned a sport activity they complained and moaned the entire time. I wish someone could just smack them around a little and let them know how horrible they are being.
Boys are secretly paid to be a pain (I know, I have one!) just joking! I have a good feeling Liam will be one of those annoying little guys those someday...sigh. Some day they will outgrow it. It seems from about age 2 until they they grow up and leave home they are stuck in the egotistical phase (which it is only supposed to be like (age 2-5). Everything is about them and what they want. It IS enough to drive a person in sane. Even though they don't express it now, when they "grow up" they will remember their great leaders and it is THEN that they will appreciate what you did for them so hang in there and know you are making a difference!
Yeah. I've never experienced that, but I can definitely see how that would be frustrating. I do however know that teenage boys are an entity unto themselves, I wonder at some of the boys I teach school too and just want to be like, who said you were the center of the universe? LOL.
I have a great idea for your next joint activity. You should go boxing...then you can knock them out without getting in trouble.
Sorry to hear that you have to deal with difficult teenagers....that is not fun!
Post a Comment