Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Dream about to come True

Well it is in the works but it is basically official. Espically if I am announcing it to everyone it has to happen now. I have always wanted to go to Germany and other European countries. Well I'm getting my wish. This spring I will be traveling to Germany to see my Brother James and his lovely family. We are also going to try and go to Austria and Switzerland. I'm going with my sisters hopefully they all will come. So if any of you have been to these countries and have any advice on things that I must see please let me know. As of right now it looks like we will be seeing southern Germany, Munich area, Salzburg Austria, not sure about Switzerland. I can hardly believe it. I don't think I will be able to sleep for a few months as I am so excited. So below are pictures of places that we most likely are going to see. Has anybody been to the Duetch Museum it is the largest Science Museum in the world. Places in Mucnich area is the Neuschwanstein Castle, Dachau Concentration Camp, Olypmic Village/Park, English Garden is supposed to be comparable Central Park (Also a place I have always wanted to see), the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg.




9 comments:

AnnP said...

Marta,

I lived in Austria for 4 months and traveled all over. I will try and think of some of my favorite things and let you know.

Mugs said...

Congrats Marta! That will be amazing!

Ditto Family said...

Can't wait for all the blog posts to come!! I should connect you with my brother who served in the Netherlands and my sister that was a nanny in Germany and traveled all about.

Stacee said...

Sound like lots of fun. I wish I could go to Germany. I hope you have fun and be sure to take lots and lots of pictures. Tell your brother, James, hello for me.

Unknown said...

I have been there! Salzburg is amazing, go to the Mozart Museum, it is worth it. Go to Dauchau in Munich, I loved Munich! There is a cool walking tour about the Nazis which was really, really cool if you like WWII history. Nuenswanstien and Hohenswanstein, or whatever they are outside of Munich are a MUST. I am jealous! You will love it! I haven't been to Switzerland, but S. Germany and Austria I LOVED!!!

Missy said...

How wonderful! What a fantastic trip to look forward to.

Unknown said...

I added a 2 onto the end of my url.

Kailey said...

We can't wait for you to come!! We've been to all of those places that you mentioned and they're all cool. I think you would love to just see the country and some small medevil towns that have a lot of history. There's so much to see-- we're getting excited for you to come!

Heidi said...

You go, Marta!!! How exciting! Wish I had some experience in Europe to help you out!