Well Feb 14th was a exciting day for us. I had taken a home pregnancy test the night before, with the results being positive. One of the lines was fairly faint so Joel was in denial. He said that he would get me another the next day. So the next day I went to work and told Jenna Packard who said that I should do another test and she had one that I could use. So I took her's and failed to have enough urine. Oops I should of waited longer but I was excited and wanted to know. So Jenna then said the surest way to know is have blood work done. So she basically dismissed me from work immediately and sent me into my doctors office. I had the blood work done and had to wait 2 long hours for the results. I called right at 2 hours as it was the longest wait of my life. All these things running threw my mind. Of course the results weren't in. I ended up calling 3 times before they where in. The news was it was positive. I said like positive that I'm pregnant and the lady said yes. I was screaming into the phone saying this is the best Valentines Day ever. The lady laughed and said congratulations. I responded with Thanks and have a great Valentines Day. I immediately got of the phone and went to wrap this little baby outfit that I bought years ago for this moment to give to Joel to let him know. He was on his way home so I had to hurry. So Joel got home he had bought some nice flowers for me. I then gave him is little gift. He opened it and was like, Marta I told you already it isn't for sure and that I would get you some more test. I told him I don't need any test because the doctor said it was for sure, he was like what? I said that's right I went and had my blood work done. So it was a happy day at our house.
So I have been tired and hungry not very sick at all. Then at the beginning of March I started to spot bleed which is common for pregnant women I knew this. But after a few days it seemed to be getting a little heavier and I was going to be calling to make my appointment anyway so I mentioned this to the Nurse. She said yes it is common. But if it gets worse and you have any pain give us a call and we will want to see you. Well the day went on and I started to get more pain so I called thinking they probably think I'm paranoid freak. They where great they got me right in I didn't even have to wait. It was the fastest Doctors appointment ever. So my Dr. did a ultrasound to see what was going on. He gave me a due date of October 24 the day after Joel's birthday so I was at my 6 week mark. A little farther then I thought. Joel was right on. He thought 6 weeks and predicted October 22. I saw a heart beat and that was very cool. I mean amazing because the size of the baby is so tiny still. Like a peanut if that. Anyway so he said everything was good. I just needed to take it easy and that I should rest for a few days that I probably just over did it. So that meant no Volleyball game that night.
Well I went home and was resting but started to have a lot more pain. Knowing that pregnant women shouldn't take IBprofin I was searching all over for some Tylenol because I needed it bad, but did not have any. Joel was just getting ready to leave for work and I was in terrible pain worse then your regular menstrual cramps. I was lying on the floor in pain (no i was not being a wimp) Joel had just walked out the door I stood up and was like what the heck something just happend. I walked over to the door made Joel come back in and he checked me out. I was like I just miscarried huh Joel. He was trying to cover it up by acting like no that's not what happened, we don't know blah blah blah. He is so nice and brave. I knew that is what it was. I immediately was like I don't get what just happened how can it be fine just a few hours ago and now I don't have baby. It was a little bit of a rough few moments. We tried calling the doctor and of course he was gone and the person Joel talked to wasn't helpful. Joel was like are you going to be okay. He then left for work. I was in need of some pads since it was not to wise you use a Tampon. So I called my friend Paige She knew that I had been to the Dr. earlier in the day and I had called her to tell her that everything was fine but I had to leave a message. So I call her for some help and she answer with I'm so glad things are okay. I responded with um don't be I need your help I think I just lost the baby and I need some pads really bad. She was great, she came and saved the day.
Paige was great she took me to the Hospital. I was pretty calm about the whole thing I was rather worried about Joel just because I think he was in shock he didn't know quite what to do so he went to work. In the mean time I'm thinking I don't think is in the right mind frame to be working on Critical care Patients.
So my experience at the ER was about a 4 hour trip. They did a ultra Sound sure enough I had miscarried. But in the mean time they found a Cyst that was 4 cm and they did some blood work. I found out that I'm A- so I have to have the shots for the RH Factor. Paige was great to keep me company the whole time. I was extremely brave if I say so myself. By this time I really was okay with everything. I think that it was just such a relief to know that we can get pregnant. i knew it was going to be okay. Also it is pretty common for women to miscarry this early in the pregnancy. It's something like 33%.
In the mean time I think Joel finally breaks down and tells someone that he works with that his wife is in the ER and that I miscarried. That person kinda of gave him the look of what the heck are you doing here then. They where so nice and let him come home with me. By the time I got out of the hospital I was starving.
I had lot's of help last week so many great friends in my ward took care of me. I picked a good week for that to happen as I was going to be spending a majority of the week at the church. 3 nights in a row equaling about 9 hours, that's outside of Sunday. So it was nice to get out of those duties. But I really have recovered fast and was dying to get out of the house.
I had a check up today. The moment the Dr. entered the room he was so somber and sympathetic, he was truly sorry. I told him that I really am doing fine and that it is because of the knowledge that I can get Pregnant. He said I know but you have been trying for so long, so let's check you out. I pretty much used to having those vaginal ultrasounds, pretty much a piece of cake by now. So I do have a cyst it is actual a little bigger in size he said it is a very common thing. That the body will take care of it and when I have my next menstrual cycle that is when it should break down and go away, in so many words. So I'm to contact them when I have my next period and I will go in so they can check it out. If it went away we are clear for trying again. As for the actual miscarriage again in so many words basically it was going to happen one way or another it wasn't because of anything I did or didn't do it was something that happens at the beginning of the pregnancy that has to do with the chromosomes. So I am cleared to start exercising again so that is nice I have missed that.
Sorry I know that was a long blog, but this is like my Journal. Plus you could of stopped reading at any time. Just know I'm okay and to prove it I have got to go get ready for my Volleyball game. Chow
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
7 comments:
oh marta, i'm so sorry. that's so disappointing.
it's wonderful that you guys can get pregnant. take care - thinking of you.
Marta and Joel I am so sorry. We are thinking about you.
Marta,
I'm sorry for the bad week. I hope everything goes smoothly with the cyst and you get the clear to try again. You seem to be handling it all very well. I will be thinking of you...
Marta! I am so sorry! How hard--.
Sorry to hear the bad news. You should of called me. I've been thinking about you. Take care of yourself. Have fun trying again, that is the fun part, trying.
Glad you hear the sun is still shining at your home! Even to see the sun rays admits the rain I think is pretty phenomenal! Love ya--
Congrats AND sorry my friends. Been there, done that. Bless your heart. You certainly were brave! We love you. Mugs
Post a Comment