Day 6
Again another one of my favorites. So we got to go on the Sound of Music Tour. It was so fun. We drove around to the different places the movie was filmed at. Salzburg and the little villages outside higher up in the hills are gorgeous. The tour guide was good. We meet a few LDS military families on the tour also. We even got to sing some of the songs on the tour bus.
Day 7
We drove from Garmisch up to Munich to go to Church. We had the missionaries translate the meeting for us. Very different but cool experience. We then went and saw the Nueschwanstein & Hoehnschwangau castles. They belonged to Prince Maximilian and King Maximilian ll and King Ludwig ll. The Nueschwanstein castle was so cool but a little disappointing to find out that it isn't really that old. It was built 1869-1886. I would of loved to play hide and seek in one of the castles. We then traveled around the mountain to go to the Linderhof which is where they would go for the hunting retreats. It was one of my favorites. The gardens where breath taking and we are early, things have just started to bloom. I would love to come back to see this place when everything was in full bloom. I don't have pictures because I was sick of taking pictures by this time. Plus my sister Kristen's camera took way better pictures.
Day 8
Was a whole day in Munich. We walked a ton this day, rode some buses and subways. I was pretty tired by the end of the day. We had a free lunch at Motus the cafe that is connected with Tahitian Noni, which my sister Kim works for. They treated us like royalty. Pretty much anything we wanted we got. They where so friendly and helpful with getting us around the city. We saw the local market that has been in the same place for over a 100 years. It was a pretty good size market. We saw the Glockenspiel, we saw some World War ll sites, Some more of King Ludwig's castles (Schloss Nymphenburg). We saw some more churches, gardens expensive stores. I was able to find me a piece of Jewelry for my souvenir. We almost made it to the English Gardens which is something I wanted to go to because they compare it to Central Park, which I have always wanted to go to. But it started to ran really hard and it was getting late and we hadn't eaten dinner yet. We where later told that the English Gardens actually has a lot of nude sun bathers there. Glad we didn't make it.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
3 comments:
Looks like a fun place to visit. I didn't know your sisters were going with you. That was probably more fun that way.
That picture of the dead pigs heads is pretty foul. What's worse is that people actually EAT those things....
Looks like you guys had lots of fun. :D
~Michelle
(the lady with the big golden retriever in Kim's neighborhood)
Awesome pictures, Marta! How exciting! I really think you should have tried a pig snout!!! By the way, I didn't mean to hang up on you this morning. My phone went completely dead! I guess I don't know this new phone very well! Your blog is so neat - you've inspired me!
Post a Comment