Day 9
Left Garmisch went up to Munich had lunch at the Cafe with are friends. Then we went to Dachau the Concentration camp. It is something that I have read about and always have wanted to see. We unfortunately didn't have enough time there to take the 2.5 hour tour. So I was not able to get the whole experience. I didn't have the crazy emotions that people tell you about. We where there 63 years to the day that Dachau was liberated by American troops. We then drove up to Nurnenburg and flew to Switzerland. I liked the flight because they gave us yummy chocolate.
Day 10
We traveled to town called Luzern. The morning started out sunny and bright. We went to the only glassworks in Switzerland. The musuem was so cool & interesting. I couldn't believe that it was free. One of the best musuems I have been to in awhile. They had such beautiful blown glass you could buy. But it was just a tad to pricey for my wallet. Then we went and bought a ton of Swiss chocolate had some lunch. It started to rain and made it miserable. Saw s bridge that is well known and a lion that is carved into a rock wall. It wasn't a day that I remeber to much about. We had a long drive home because we sat in traffic for every because everybody was leaving for the holiday.
Day 11
We ventured to the top of Europe. The Swiss Alps to a plcae called Jungraujoch. To sum it up into a few words. Breath taking, once in a life time, cold, hard to breath. We purchased are tickets in the town of Grindewald and rode the train to Kleine Scheidegg had lunch and a snow ball fight with some little boys, got back on the train which took us up thru the actual mountain. At the top is amazing we almost missed the last train down the mountain for the day so we had to run which is extremely hard to do at that elevation. There is even a post office up there. It stamps from the Top of Europe. We read a sign saying the place between Heaven and Earth. There is three big mountins in a row Eiger which is where they get North Face from, Monch and the Jungfrau. Great way to end the trip. On the way home we drove to the Bern Switzerland Temple. Oh yeah one thing I liked about Switzerland was there was tons of Subaru's.
Today was a sad but good day. It's always sad to leave to go home, but I was ready to be home and to see Joel. Let's just say that jet lag kicked into gear on the way home for me. Things that I already miss about not being over in Europe scince I got home. The Ausfarht signs for (Exit). Hardly seeing people on their cell phones. You don't see people constantly on them like here in the states. I don't think I saw one espresso stand the whole time I was over there. Same thing with car dealerships and gas stations on every corner. I came home and was like yeah this place is not what I would call beautiful. Maybe in the next hundred years Selah can reach to their full potential, but then again easier said then done.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
1 comments:
Love the pictures. I wish i could go one of these days
Post a Comment