So... Post #2. My Dad, My Brother in Law Devin, and I went fishing up at Dog Lake, right below White Pass. It was a nice trip. We had good weather, too much food, and we caught fish. It could be argued that my Dad caught the most fish, but Devin and I think that he was catching and releasing the same fish multiple times. He probably caught about 30 fish. The water was a cool, 44 degrees and there was snow up at the campground still and it's almost July.
We ate good, including chicken Alfredo, dutch oven potatoes, marta's breakfast cake, and sandwiches. We didn't cook up half of what we brought because we were so full. Mosquitoes were pretty bad so we had a fire for smoke more than heat.
The next day the water was calm and smooth like glass. Fishing was a bit slow but green wooley buggers and nymphs seemed to produce. Devin and I were on the raft we anchored using a big rock on some rope, because I lost my dads anchor tipping a canoe about 2 years ago and I still haven't replaced it. By stripping the line and only being about 3-4 feet below the surface we got quite a few bites, but Brook Trout are elusive so we missed a few. The color on the Brook Trout was beautiful a very colorful fish. We had a great time.
Here is some more fish pics. We caught mostly Brook Trout, and only one Rainbow.
My dad won in all three categories: He got the biggest fish, most fish, and first fish. But next time Devin and I will be ready. We've got a plan to sabotage his pontoon and take his net.
<
I'll keep you posted.
Eagle Court of Honor
14 years ago
2 comments:
Hey you. I am usually up pretty late. that's when I can do all my fun computer stuff. HA! Unless, I get them all down for a nap like today. Yeah, I swiped some songs from your list that I liked as well. I like to steal things, HA! It took me a few days to figure out how to actually post it on the site. I like cold play. Brooks heard that song and I feel in love with it course I had never heard of that band before then. I am not as hip and up to speed when it comes with new music and new artists out there. HA! Hope your doing well. Brooks is off at scout camp helping out for a few days and I am stuck here at the house. I'm jealous. I wish I was out there doing the camping. Have a great Sunday!
Looks like you had a great trip. I wish I could have gone with you guys. I remember fishing with you and your dad up at Dog Lake.
Post a Comment