Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Feel the Need for Speed

I have no idea why I'm such a speed demon, but it runs through my blood. It has always been that way. I have remained amazingly lucky and have only had a few tickets in my short driving yrs. But it has been especially bad since I have returned from Germany and got to experience the Auto Bahn. I don't know if it just feels like I'm always driving. For instance I have gone to Seattle 3 times this month. The first time I flew from Yakima to Seattle so of course that went by quickly. (42 minutes to be exact) So the last 2 times (driving)start to feel rather long and I have to put the pedal to the medal. I love to drive fast. I made rather good time both times. Lets just hope I don't get pulled over anytime soon. I'm sure it would be a hefty ticket.

On the other hand I can't stand those people who drive to slow especially those Grandmas and Grandpas who should probably not be driving. But this old Grandpa guy sure put a smile on my face this week when he himself is a little speed demon. Gotta love the Old people who actually drive the speed limit and aren't scaring you. This old man even passed me which most people don't, so he certainly lit up my face with a smile. It was cute to see him drive fast yet still driving safely. I just silently cheered him on in my car "you go old man, you go"!

Now that I think about it I hope that he wasn't going to the hospital.

6 comments:

Kailey said...

Marta, you're too funny. James and I were laughing while reading this!! Looks like you had fun camping too!

Stacee said...

If you hate old people and how the drive, you should come to Arizona. It is pretty bad at times. We are looking forward to our move. I will let you know more about it this week.

WalkConkies said...

So, how many times have you been pulled over? Be honest :) I never get out of a ticket. Luckily I'm not a speed deamon like you!

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

Oh my gosh, I was reading thinking that you got another ticket...........of course you would have called me if you did.

Missy said...

Whoow, Lady! I would have to say I would probably drive you nuts if you were in the passenger seat while I was driving. My idea of pushin' it is maybe 8 over the speed limit. heheh

Kim said...

I think that the speeding runs in the family blood line. Although, I am confused as to how the autobahn makes you go faster, since you didn't drive on it? Just think how I struggle...it kills me to go 80 and that is still speeding.

I am glad that you didn't get a ticket! That is great about the old guy.