Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, June 23, 2008

Joel's First Post

So, this is my (Joel) first, official blog entry. I wanted to make sure and get some pictures up of my first real camping trip this year.

Fathers Day Weekend I went up with my dad to Bear Lake. I have been blessed to have a father who took me out fishing and camping most of my life. We were able to spend quality time together and I have learned many things from him, and not just about fishing. They say that there are three reasons to become a teacher June, July, and August. I am glad I had those months with my dad each year.

Since I've gotten older we've gone out less and less. We made time this summer and have some other trips planned so you can look for more pictures. The camera ran out of juice so I only took a few pictures.

Fishing Report: Bear Lake was 58 degrees in the am. We fished in the evening the first day and they were biting from 5pm until 7pm pretty good. The next morning my dad was out at6am and they were biting until about 10am. We had great luck as you can see we fried a couple up. Mostly Rainbow Trout but we caught a couple Brook Trout. They must have stocked it for the weekend. Every other cast you got a bite. 8-10 inches a couple 12 inchers. Used a green Wooley Bugger (the Dulude Staple), and a pattern of March Brown my dad has been tying up.

We were in float tubes as you can tell by the fins. Lots of people up there with there sons. We also picked up two bags of garbage around the lake. That's another thing my dad always taught me.





8 comments:

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

Way to go on your first post!!! Now you are a pro. Warren and the boys would have loved being with you.

jimmieP said...

Mmm. Those trout look good. The three reasons for being a teacher sound pretty convincing to me. Maybe I should consider a career change.

Mugs said...

Oh Joel, when Anth sees this post he is going to drool like a teething baby.

Mugs said...

Not just for the eats, but for the WHOLE post.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marta, Good to hear from you. You guys look like you have so much fun with all the cool pics you put on here. Things are going well. We are looking at schools in TN and NC right now. They are our top pics as well. We are planning on visiting one north of Nashville in the next month. Middle Tennessee School of Anesthetisia. They enroll 72 students a year which is the biggest class. We would love to live in Knoxville as well. We plan to apply to several of them here and see what happens. The one north of Nashville sounds really great and the staff was great on the hone which makes a big difference to me. So, we are planning a trip there to check it out. You have family in TN right? Where? That would be so cool if we ended up in the same area. I would love it. Course, we may not get into a program this year and have to try next year as well. We are trusting our luck that we can get in this year. Hope all is well for you. Love ya animal.
Sara

Kailey said...

Joel!! Nice work! James used to post to our blog, but I think I took over. Don't ya love how the women always take over?? James is jealous of your trip and has been looking for new camping gear, and has officially declared, "You're going to learn to like camping!" (to me) So, we might become camping buddies....but I might be in the nearby resort. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah for your first post! And it looks like a successful trip, I LOVE rainbow trout!

Kim said...

Hey, Joel...nice post. Looks like you had a great trip to Bear Lake! Did you catch and release? Sounds like you caught a lot, that is awesome.