Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunburn.... Ouch!

So Marta told me I had to post my sunburn. As seen previously I went fishing and a cold windy morning turned into a beautiful sun shinny day. Too shiny. I stripped down from my fleece underpants and coat and changed into shorts and a T-shirt. I only burned my legs which have been paper white since winter. I swear I was only in the sun a couple of hours, but you lose track of time when you're fishing and a couple of hours becomes six. You saw the other pics so you know it was worth it, but I'm paying the price now. Wet towels, aloe vera with lidocaine, and some pain killers left over from a nose surgery have been a real help.



6 comments:

jimmieP said...

It hurts me just to look at the pictures!

Kim said...

OUCH!!! I know what you are going through...as my blog can testify. I hope you recover fast! Try using vinegar...it helps to pull the heat out of the sunburn so it can heal faster.

Trevor & Kelly said...

Wow, that sunburn is amazing! Happy Healing to you Joel, hope all else is going well!

Stacee said...

I agree, OUCH. That looks like it really hurts. I hate getting sunburned. Hope you get better fast. Sorry.

Michelle said...

I hope they don't have to amputate...

Mugs said...

I need to take some tylenol just from looking at these pics. Poor, poor Jo-ell.