Our Eternal Family

Our Eternal Family

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Who doesn't Love a Bargain

Well I must say I love to get a good deal or better yet a free deal. So my sister Kim in Utah got me interested in using coupons and rebates. She was in charge of Enrichment in her ward and had the Savvy Shopper Lady from one of the newspapers come and talk about savings. How to use coupons ect... I have been working on it the last 3 weeks. We don't have the savvy shopper lady working for are local paper but maybe if I get good enough they can Hire me.
So I have been going to Rite aid and Walgreen's once a week for the past 3 weeks. My total in rebates for this month was $50.00 at Rite aid and $34.00 at Walgreen's.
That doesn't include a few of the other good deals I have gotten this month. I got a Thomas the Train for retail value $12.99 for a $1.05. It is the caboose that plays the theme music to Thomas the Train show. You might ask why I need a Thomas the Train Well I have a train box for when I have little boys over. My nephews Levi and Ty love to fight over it. They need to come and see my new piece.
As for other savings I was at Albertson they had a Shaving razor or razor blades on sale. They where original $8.00 on sale for $4.29 I had a manufacturers coupon for $4.00 off. So I paid .29 cents for 4 pack of Razor blades. Yes thats right you read this right .29 cents. They aren't even the cheap generic kind.
My other deal is I love Shade shirts. I usually only buy them when they are on SALE. I like the quality of them. So right now they are having free shipping so I though I would ck to see what was on sale. They have some on sale for rather good prices. I got some of the puckered tees for $8.99 and a Perfect Tee for $12.99. Plus no shipping.
The other great buy was stuff I didn't need for sure but couldn't pass up the great prices. So when I was in Utah at the beginning of the month we where going to go to Stave and Barry's the clothing store because everything is under $20.00. We didn't make it there so when I was in Seattle this last weekend. I went and everything in the store was $8.99 and under. I found some ridiculously great buys that you can't pass up. Some great red pumps that are velvety.
A black cocktail dress. This are both going to be worn to my friends wedding on 8/8/08 because they are her colors black, red and white. She was shopping with me and approved. I also found a really cute jacket and other things.
Joel has the camera other wise I would post pictures of most of this great buys. So I will have to post the pictures later.
Is this a Bargain or is this a Steal of a Deal, is the Question?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Way to go, you are officially now a member of the Savvy Shopper club! Isn't it absolutely amazing what coupons can do. You need to ask your grocery stores if they ever do double coupons. Then you can really start saving. Not many stores do that in Utah anymore...because of all the savvy shoppers.

Hey if you ever want to email the savvy shopper lady and ask how she got her job...I can hook you up with her email.


I love good deals!

Michelle said...

Well, the question is: do you get FIVE newspapers like your sister? (I laugh whenever I think about that!)